Dan focuses his practice in family law and family related ADR services. He graduated with honors from Pillsbury College in Owatonna, Minnesota, with a Bachelor of Science degree and double major in Theology and Business Administration. Dan was recognized for his leadership and achievements by being named to “Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities.”
During college, Dan spent his summers working with children and teens at camps and athletic clinics. While choosing law over a counseling career, he maintains his commitment to helping children and families through his family law practice.
His professional affiliations include the Christian Legal Society, Ramsey County Bar Association, Co-chair of the Ramsey County Bar Association Family Law Section for 2006-2008 and the Minnesota State Bar Association. Dan has also volunteered as a judge for both Minnesota and national high school mock trial competitions and as a church lay leader. In the fall of 2005, Dan began serving as an adjunct trial skills professor at William Mitchell College of Law.
For many years, Dan was recognized as a Rising Star among Minnesota lawyers, according to the publication Minnesota Law & Politics. Only 2½% of Minnesota’s lawyers are honored with this distinction. In the past two years, Dan has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, J.D., 1999
- Pillsbury College, Owatonna, Minnesota, B.S., 1994, summa cum laude
- Who’s Who In America’s Colleges and Universities, 1994
- State of Minnesota, 1999
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1999
Past and Present Professional Associations
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Adjunct Trial Skills Professor, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota (2005 to present)
- “The Contract, The Law and You,” Calvary Church in Roseville (co-presenter with Paul Floyd, Wallen Friedman & Floyd, P.A.)
- “When a Ouasi-Civil Proceeding Becomes Criminal. The Interrelation Between Minnesota’s Domestic Abuse Statute and Federal Criminal Law,” Ramsey County Bar Association Family Law Section, October 25th, 2006 (co-presenter)
- “Starting Your Own Law Firm”, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, January 8, 2007 (co-presenter with Paul Floyd, Wallen Friedman & Floyd, P.A.)
- “Rising Star” by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine (multiple years)
- “Super Lawyer” by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine, 2015, 2016
Pro Bono/Volunteer Activities
- Ramsey County Bar Association Family Law Section Co-Chair, 2006-2008
- Volunteer Judge for the Minnesota State Bar Association State High School Mock Trial Association, 2000-present
- Lay Church Volunteer Leader: Teacher–Young Married’s Class, Adult Congregation Coordinator